The last few posts have been quite photo heavy, so I thought I'd treat you with a quick elephant encounter tale.
While exploring one of the markets in Jodhpur, mostly taking photos and trying to avoid the 'commission monkeys', I needed to pass through one of the city's arched gateways. Although high and quite thick, they're not necessarily wide, especially when the walls are lined with people and animals resting in the shade and cramped with more people and animals trying to pass through.
I was maybe two steps into the gateway when in the distance, I saw an elephant approaching. I followed everyone else in the gateway as they backed out the way we came to make way for the elephant...who was now moving quite quickly. In fact, it was running!
On top of the elephant bounced a little man with a little stick with a great big grin. He flailed his arms happy as could be as he charged the elephant through the gate, right at me, then spun it around and backed it towards us.
I snapped this photo right before I scampered away, repeating, 'Oh, I'm scared! I'm scared! I'm scared!' much to the amusement of the locals familiar with the elephant and its owners antics.
While exploring one of the markets in Jodhpur, mostly taking photos and trying to avoid the 'commission monkeys', I needed to pass through one of the city's arched gateways. Although high and quite thick, they're not necessarily wide, especially when the walls are lined with people and animals resting in the shade and cramped with more people and animals trying to pass through.
I was maybe two steps into the gateway when in the distance, I saw an elephant approaching. I followed everyone else in the gateway as they backed out the way we came to make way for the elephant...who was now moving quite quickly. In fact, it was running!
On top of the elephant bounced a little man with a little stick with a great big grin. He flailed his arms happy as could be as he charged the elephant through the gate, right at me, then spun it around and backed it towards us.
I snapped this photo right before I scampered away, repeating, 'Oh, I'm scared! I'm scared! I'm scared!' much to the amusement of the locals familiar with the elephant and its owners antics.
