While in the rickshaw on the way to school this morning, all dressed up for Valentine's Day, with homemade cupcakes for my advisory students and my cast kids who have rehearsal this afternoon, plus my usual giant bag of school stuff, I sent a quick text message to a friend having surgery this morning.
At lunch, I went to check my phone to see how things went with the surgery, but couldn't find it in my bag and by then I'd already been in four different classrooms, two office spaces, and up and down four flights of stairs. So I asked some colleagues to call my phone, asked the security if anyone had turned it in, and started looking around with no luck. I'd checked Find My iPhone, which said it was on campus, so I figured it would turn up sooner or later and went to my next meeting.
It did turn up...only it had been found by a student at another school down the road who happened to take the same rickshaw after me. She gave it to her brother who answered after the same number had called several times. (He most likely also saw the texts from my friend coming out of surgery). He arranged for his driver to drop it off at my school and it was delivered to me by the end of the class period. Little did I know that when I checked Find My iPhone I had it set to find ALL my devices...so I saw my laptop on campus, but didn't open the map wide enough to see my iPhone down the street!
They say St. Valentine was Greek and I have to agree, because today he was in cahoots with Agios Phanourios and my day was really sweet!


No comments:
Post a Comment