May 27, 2013

And Today It Rained...

We've had clouds in the sky for about three weeks now. They'd been absent since at September/October.

At first they were small, then eventually they were big and fluffy. Last week the sky seemed darker here and there. The weather forecast would predict a 30% chance of rain before 9am some days, but nothing fell. Reports came in of rain in other parts of the country...delaying cricket games an hour or so.

The clouds this morning were big and fluffy, but dark underneath. As I left for school I felt a drizzle or two, but didn't look up thinking it was just run off from someone cleaning a balcony or hanging laundry.

The roads became wet as I got closer to campus. The kind of wet where it dries up quickly. But as I walked into school, the plants were also wet and the floor a bit muddy. And once inside, there was a buzz of excitement among the students - 'Did you see it? It RAINED!' Even the adults were a bit giddy.

Apparently it rained a bit harder near the sea where most of them live and followed them in as they crossed inland to school. It's been so long, you almost forget what it's like...and then it's wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment