Here's what a lousy day in Mumbai looks like:
Sitting STOPPED in traffic a rickshaw drives his 'vehicle' into my car and gets his jalopy jammed into my fender. He then proceeds to 'gun it' to get unstuck and rips the rubber interior fender while pulling the exterior out of position. I honk…he speeds off. This is why other drivers slap them at every opportunity. I'm eagerly awaiting mine.
Then sat for 45 minutes in the 'authorized' Apple service center here in Mumbai. Not because they were busy. There were only two people waiting when I arrived. And not because they took certain service issues before others. They don't…they simply ask you to sign the 'book' and then call names from it. But after the two people waiting before me were called, and then others came in after, were called and then left - even as I began to 'hover' around the desk to get someone's attention - I finally asked if they were reading the names in any particular order. After much discussion, their answer was they simply 'didn't see me.' I guess I'm so white I blend into the wall!
And finally, the stove/oven I purchased which was to be delivered yesterday, arrived today. They left it in the kitchen in the box. It took awhile to cut the box away, then lift the oven and pull the bottom cardboard/styrofoam/etc out from underneath only to discover that not only would I have to assemble the small bits, apparently I also needed to WIRE THE PLUG which was not attached. This, and I then get to connect it to a gas cylinder which I can get only after presenting myself in person. ugh
Sitting STOPPED in traffic a rickshaw drives his 'vehicle' into my car and gets his jalopy jammed into my fender. He then proceeds to 'gun it' to get unstuck and rips the rubber interior fender while pulling the exterior out of position. I honk…he speeds off. This is why other drivers slap them at every opportunity. I'm eagerly awaiting mine.
Then sat for 45 minutes in the 'authorized' Apple service center here in Mumbai. Not because they were busy. There were only two people waiting when I arrived. And not because they took certain service issues before others. They don't…they simply ask you to sign the 'book' and then call names from it. But after the two people waiting before me were called, and then others came in after, were called and then left - even as I began to 'hover' around the desk to get someone's attention - I finally asked if they were reading the names in any particular order. After much discussion, their answer was they simply 'didn't see me.' I guess I'm so white I blend into the wall!
And finally, the stove/oven I purchased which was to be delivered yesterday, arrived today. They left it in the kitchen in the box. It took awhile to cut the box away, then lift the oven and pull the bottom cardboard/styrofoam/etc out from underneath only to discover that not only would I have to assemble the small bits, apparently I also needed to WIRE THE PLUG which was not attached. This, and I then get to connect it to a gas cylinder which I can get only after presenting myself in person. ugh
No comments:
Post a Comment