April 14, 2014

Express Post

While in Dubai over Thanksgiving, I bought some versatile dresses by a local designer, loved them, and then ordered a few more for my sister. The designer agreed to mail them to me in Mumbai within a week so I'd have them to take home at Christmas. Neither of us thought twice about mailing as both the Indian and UAE postal services are quite reliable.

True to her word she mailed them to me, express post, within a week and sent me the tracking number via whatsapp. (We are so tech savvy!)

They arrived in Mumbai December 17th, five days before I was to leave for the US.  We checked the post everyday, sure they would arrive, but the office didn't have them yet. Disappointed, I assumed they were stuck in customs, and flew put without them. 

Upon returning after the new year, I awaited their delivery...to no avail. By February we started calling daily and going to the office in person every week. Nothing.

In March, the suggested we check the cargo office at the airport. Nothing. The poor designer in Dubai felt awful and started pressuring her post office, but they'd sent it correctly. We had the mailing label with my correct address and phone number. The last entry on the trackng record was it's receipt in Mumbai, so the problem was here. 

After daily pressure the package was 'discovered' at the 'express post' in Mumbai, but required a customs duty, until I went to pay it and did deny it required a gift letter. So the designer sent a 'gift letter' via email and voila, I got my dresses...four months later, but just in time to fed ex them to my sister in Costa Rica for her birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment