December 11, 2014

Your Medium is My Hot

The cafeteria guys at my school are awesome. I went down late for lunch so only the Indian option was left, which is usually pretty good, but often spicy. As I poked my nose over the counter to see what they were serving, they quickly rushed over and told me the name of everything, chapati, pindi chole, rice, murg something - not that I would recognize it, though.

I usually like the chickpea curries, which they had, the pindi chole, so I asked if it was spicy, which is sometimes is.

"No, no. Not spicy," One said.

"Only medium spicy," Another said.

"Try a bit," another said as he hands me a spoonful over the counter. It was tasty. And then, it was really spicy! It caught the back of my throat and my eyes popped open as I exhaled.

"Oh, spicy for you." They laughed. "Take some rice."

They filled me a plate, which I enjoyed, but my lips were burning for an hour afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment