The first time I left Colombia back in 2000, I cried like a baby...all the way up the Via Las Palmas to the airport which is a 45 minute ride, so I promised myself that this time, I wasn't going to cry at all.
I made sure to find time for a proper farewell with each person in my life in Colombia. Lunches, dinners, weekend trips, and spa dates...as well as many all-nighters out on the town with my oldest and dearest friends. And any time one of us got caught up in my leaving, or got choked up about something, we quickly reminded ourselves, 'no nos lloramos!' And we didn't.
And I left Colombia, this time, feeling good. Nostalgic, yes, but knowing that everyone I love there knows it. And also knowing that I can, and will, go back.
(A few photos of my move - watching your life carried out of your apartment in boxes in exchange for a piece of paper and a promise that you'll see it again is a leap!)
I made sure to find time for a proper farewell with each person in my life in Colombia. Lunches, dinners, weekend trips, and spa dates...as well as many all-nighters out on the town with my oldest and dearest friends. And any time one of us got caught up in my leaving, or got choked up about something, we quickly reminded ourselves, 'no nos lloramos!' And we didn't.
And I left Colombia, this time, feeling good. Nostalgic, yes, but knowing that everyone I love there knows it. And also knowing that I can, and will, go back.
(A few photos of my move - watching your life carried out of your apartment in boxes in exchange for a piece of paper and a promise that you'll see it again is a leap!)
| weekend in Antioquia |

No comments:
Post a Comment