Last night was my first night clubbing in Mumbai. I'd been to a couple of bars before - nothing really to write home about, but my colleagues seemed to like the grungy, college feel of the corner bars in their neighborhood.
So I did a bit of research, found the hot party for the night, and got myself on the guest list to a downtown club.
Apparently my suburban, residential neighborhood doesn't have much need for transportation services in the evening, so I had to take a rickshaw to my friend's neighborhood where we could grab a cab. That neighborhood is also considered to be in the suburbs, but it's closer to downtown like the first stop off the train in Brooklyn.
The club was packed, the cocktails were strong, and the music was fun. Every now and then the crowd would go crazy over something I couldn't recognize until I realized it was another Bollywood tune and to be honest, those Bollywood tunes really lend themselves easily to busting a move!
Here's a little sampling:
So I did a bit of research, found the hot party for the night, and got myself on the guest list to a downtown club.
Apparently my suburban, residential neighborhood doesn't have much need for transportation services in the evening, so I had to take a rickshaw to my friend's neighborhood where we could grab a cab. That neighborhood is also considered to be in the suburbs, but it's closer to downtown like the first stop off the train in Brooklyn.
The club was packed, the cocktails were strong, and the music was fun. Every now and then the crowd would go crazy over something I couldn't recognize until I realized it was another Bollywood tune and to be honest, those Bollywood tunes really lend themselves easily to busting a move!
Here's a little sampling:
For India's eyes only: BLOCKED BY EMI (in my country)
ReplyDeleteseriously? so bizarre. But you should see the results that turn up for me here when I Google things! lol
ReplyDelete