It's the first week of October and monsoon is supposed to be over. It's not. Today we had an amazing downpour...just as I arrived to work.
By arrived, I mean to the parking lot. And I only had a small umbrella with me. So since I was early, I decided to sit for a few minutes in the car until the worst had passed.
It wasn't slowing down at all...so I rolled up my pant legs, popped open the tiny umbrella, and trudged through the murky puddles and streams of street 'water' to work. So gross.
I went into the bathroom first thing and washed my feet. For real. Popped my legs up into the sink and washed my feet!
I rinsed by sandals and realized it was time for them to go. They were wet from today, but I noticed the water had penetrated some of the previous wear and tear.
They were 'wet' all day, and so were my feet, totally unhygienic on so many levels. So when I got home, I tossed them out. Farewell nice pair of shoes.
It's not the first pair of shoes I've tossed out since I've been here, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
By arrived, I mean to the parking lot. And I only had a small umbrella with me. So since I was early, I decided to sit for a few minutes in the car until the worst had passed.
It wasn't slowing down at all...so I rolled up my pant legs, popped open the tiny umbrella, and trudged through the murky puddles and streams of street 'water' to work. So gross.
I went into the bathroom first thing and washed my feet. For real. Popped my legs up into the sink and washed my feet!
I rinsed by sandals and realized it was time for them to go. They were wet from today, but I noticed the water had penetrated some of the previous wear and tear.
They were 'wet' all day, and so were my feet, totally unhygienic on so many levels. So when I got home, I tossed them out. Farewell nice pair of shoes.
It's not the first pair of shoes I've tossed out since I've been here, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
and many a thing will be tossed as well, in the future - though i see you also acquire ownership over many other items that propbably come in constantly.....
ReplyDelete